[Shootout-list] What people say about shootout

Dave davejf@frontiernet.net
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:54:28 -0500

IMHO, the categories idea is a good one to the extent that it allows people
to "drill into" the results further, but I think a really valuable part of
the Shootout for new visitors is to be able to take a snapshot look at the
results presented as they are now (more or less in toto) and drill down from
there.

Which begs the question - how are the default CRAPS weightings derived
anyway, since the current 'rankings' are so heavily dependent on that? Don't
construe this as the beginning of a complaint - I happen to think they apply
fairly well to 'real-world' code (that is, the type of software I've been
writing lately ;)