[Shootout-list] Reboot

skaller skaller at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 29 04:30:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 14:01 +1000, Jack Andrews wrote:
> hi all,
>
> > Then feel fortunate that those old programs are currently still shown.
> >
> > FYI Here are some languages that people actually request:
>
> i don't understand why all programming languages and implementations cannot be
> given equal chance?

I do: resources. Already the tests take a long time to run,
and some are not run for long enough to be significant.
In addition, there is only so much space on the web page
before it becomes cluttered.

There are ways around the first problem -- by own
test harness is set up so anyone can contribute
data.

I personally think Isaac would have been better to
place himself at arms length from any decision ..

> i would be happy to provide the facility to do the crunching:

So would I .. but Isaac doesn't wish to allow me.

--
John Skaller <skaller at users dot sourceforge dot net>