[Shootout-list] Reboot

skaller skaller at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 30 07:09:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 09:13 -0700, Isaac Gouy wrote:
> --- skaller <skaller at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> 2) You do not need to be a committer "to provide the facility to do the
> crunching". You can take the scripts and source and run them on your
> machine (and take the the PHP scripts and publish your own website).

That is naive. It is likely the scripts won't work and I'll have
to make changes, but won't be able to merge them back so they're
not lost. Patching only works for a while .. often not long at all.
Eventually my changes will not merge with yours, and there
will be a CVS conflict.

> I've said repeatedly that it would be great if you did publish your
> idea of what a programming language shootout should be.

So what is your point? I don't require your encouragement
or permission to work on my own code. I just think it is sad
to duplicate effort by forking projects.

--
John Skaller <skaller at users dot sourceforge dot net>