[Shootout-list] request to put MLton on "The Usual" page

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:44:11 +0200

On 2005-06-08 07:28, John Skaller wrote:
...deleted
> I do not like the 'Usual'/'Greater' split at all. For me it
> destroyed the work I put in, because it fails to allow
> a system to compete on merit.

i think i understand this feeling. the reason i want to change the
shootout to a design that allows more ''n'' is that the current narrow
focus makes it neccessary to have artificially hobbled test. these tests
does not allow more meritorious languages to show what they can do since
that would make the worse languages fail.

...deleted
> I would rather see ONE web site, and a way of filtering
> the huge set of language and tests to show a smaller
> data set that is more comprehensible.

i think that the 'Usual'/'Greater' split is such a filtering. it is just
not done on merit, but on some other data point. that data point is
presumably documented somewhere, but i do not know what it is.

bengt