[Shootout-list] ackermann, values for ''n''

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Wed, 08 Jun 2005 08:00:48 +0200

On 2005-06-07 23:19, Brent Fulgham wrote:
...deleted
> This isn't really a hard-and-fast rule; it's just
> an observation that it takes a long time to run
> the benchmarks en masse.  Therefore, I tend to avoid
> large structural changes since this requires many
> hours of time to get back up again.
>
> Currently it takes about 36 hours to run all the
> tests.

that is a lot.
perhaps a change to allow the shootout to only run a single test with
all languages, or a single language with all the tests, would help with
this problem?
i think that the integrity of the shootout data would not be compromised
with such a system. ie, it would be possible to fairly compare the new
results with the existing ones.

bengt