[Shootout-list] Ray tracer

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:09:33 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com> wrote:
> > You made a case for a particular ray-tracer algorithm,
> No, I didn't. I've been advocating algorithm-independent tests for
> months now.

Was your advocacy accepted?

-snip-
> I provided implementations of several algorithms in several different
> languages weeks ago. Having asked for them, you ignored them.

Actually it seems that I was the person who put your ray-tracer
programs onto the website.

-snip-
> As long as they get the answer correct there is nothing wrong with
> them. I'm sure my own submissions can and will be improved upon. I'm
> not going to whine and claim that I wasted my time when someone does.

Did you mention anywhere in your description of ray-tracer that the
programs used different algorithms?

https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=301584&group_id=30402&atid=411005

-snip-
> > and seem deaf to Brent's objections.
> Don't project your own objections onto Brent.

"I think taking an 'Anything Goes' approach will lead to more
problems."

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/shootout-list/2005-June/002236.html