[Shootout-list] Ray tracer

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:51:37 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com> wrote:
> > > No, I didn't. I've been advocating algorithm-independent tests
> > > for months now.
> >
> > Was your advocacy accepted?
>
> Yep. :-)

Yesterday you acknowledged your advocacy had not been accepted by Brent
and Isaac.

"Wahey! I'm convincing people. Now for Brent and Isaac... ;-)"

Once more: "I think taking an 'Anything Goes' approach will lead to
more problems."
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/shootout-list/2005-June/002236.html

> > Actually it seems that I was the person who put your ray-tracer
> > programs onto the website.
>
> Well you can relax now.

So your accusation - that I ignored the programs - is wildly false.

> I may even make the one line change to your
> C# implementation to bring it up to date for you.

Jon, this isn't your personal website - respect what other people have
contributed.

> > Did you mention anywhere in your description of ray-tracer that the
> > programs used different algorithms?
>https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=301584&group_id
> >=30402&atid=411005
>
> Should I have? The other tests don't...

If you intended ray-tracer to operate in the way you advocate - and not
in the manner of the other tests - yes, you should have made that
clear.

> So how many other people's submissions have you also ignored, Isaac?

Another unsubstantiated personal attack?
Be specific Jon - what programs do you claim I have ignored?

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com