[Shootout-list] Ray tracer

John Skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:36:48 +1000

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 16:25 -0700, Isaac Gouy wrote:

> If you wish to contribute a Felix program then please follow the
> instructions in the FAQ (some people even contribute anonymously!)
>
> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/sandbox/faq.php?sort=fullcpu#contribute

I will use that for 'random' contributions.

However this is not how I would like to supply Felix tests,
and I beg for a slightly modified method temporarily.

The full suite of tests is part of the Felix tarball,
and needs to be transfered to the Shootout every time
a new release is installed on the test machine by Brent.

There are far too many tests and releases to manually
supply the tests using a form, and they need to be
synchronised with the Felix compiler as best is possible.

Currently, Brent is grabbing the tests and manually
adding them, which is a pain for him. I tried to name
the files exactly as required by the Shootout so
it could be automated.

I'm not sure of the best solution, but the test examples
should match the installed version: so I would like
to provide whatever is necessary to allow all the tests
to be installed automatically when Felix is.

The form will be OK when the test code stabilises,
however at the moment any test requiring a new data structure
means I have to extend the standard library, which is likely
to be in a state of flux for some time yet.

Even if I had CVS write access and could install the
tests into the repository automatically, they still
wouldn't be synchronised properly with the version
installed on the test machine.

--
John Skaller <skaller at users dot sourceforge dot net>
Download Felix: http://felix.sf.net