[Shootout-list] Ray tracer

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:10:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com> wrote:
> > Jon, that isn't the Java program you uploaded to the website.
> > As I've said over and over again, and as anyone can easily
> > establish, you never sent those programs to the shootout - until
you
> > did we could not publish them. Quite simple really.
>
> They are on the shootout website (in the tracker) and two of them
> were published, just not the other eighteen.

Here's the link you provided into the tracker, to item #301584
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=301584&group_id=30402&atid=411005

There are 4 Java programs attached to that item.
The 2 earliest programs define pi = Math.PI;
The 2 later programs define delta = 1.49012e-08

The Java program you uploaded to the website
- does not define pi
- defines delta=Math.sqrt(2.22044604925031e-16)

The Java program you uploaded to the website is ~1KB smaller than any
of the Java programs attached to the tracker item.