[Shootout-list] Ray tracer

John Skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 02:53:24 +1000

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 07:54 -0700, Isaac Gouy wrote:
> --- John Skaller <skaller@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > > Why do you need CVS write access?
> >
> > In order to contribute to the Shootout software.
>
> What prevents you attaching code to a feature request or bug report?

.. and of course:

> > Doesn't this seem like a bug?
> >
> > Please add a new item to Bugs
> > http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/great/faq.php?sort=fullcpu#help
> >
> > Please don't expect the couple of people who are trying to fix bugs
> > will do extra work trying to separate out stuff from the mailing
> list.

.. some people might be willing to work that way.

if I may QUOTE your own FAQ:

-------------------->
How can I help with the chores?

We need volunteers to

     1. Browse Contribute Programs for Open items
     2. check the Open item programs do what's required
     3. add acceptable Open item programs to CVS
     4. update the status of accepted Open items to Pending

And we need them to

     1. remove slower less-elegant programs from CVS
     2. update the status of removed Closed items to Deleted

And other chores listed in the Committer FAQ.

Do you have the necessary programming language knowledge?
Do you want to help with the chores?

Contact us! Contact one of the Project Admins - listed on the GForge
project page under Developer Info.

<-------------------------------------

So you see you are specifically asking for people to help
with chores and offering CVS write access so that they
can actually do so.

I'm following your own instructions.

The project page also says:

"If you would like to contribute to this project by becoming a
developer, contact one of the project admins, designated in bold text
below."

There are already 10 developers and 2 admins
and Jon Harrop who is 'undefined' .. :)

It's all very simple. I don't understand why
you are so confused.

--
John Skaller <skaller at users dot sourceforge dot net>
Download Felix: http://felix.sf.net