[Shootout-list] Keep the used compiler consistent?

Ales Katona almindor@gmail.com
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:14:47 +0200

Hello, I'm writing to ask if you could please ether re-run the tests
with Free Pascal Compiler v.2.0 (as you say on the main page that you
use) or drop the old tests.

I've noticed that many benchmarks are still run with 1.9.6(atleast their
results are from that version). It wouldn't be a problem if 1.9.6 was
normal stable version but it was a beta.

I've also submitted a new benchmark for the sum-file. It seems it's a
bit slower than the old one from 1.9.6 but the memory use shrinked from
~30000kb to ~100kb. I'm also asking how are these things weighted? CPU
speed is only about 10% less with the new benchmark but memory usage is
1000%+ better and the old benchmark is still used.

Ales