[Shootout-list] Large benchmarks made small

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 06:36:25 -0800 (PST)

 > The advantage is that the benchmark files are a more digestible
size,
> but the disadvantage is that it'll add a lot more benchmarks to the
> shootout.
>
> Which do you guys prefer?

Those aren't the only two possibilities.

We could
- not add any of the benchmarks
- add only one of the benchmarks
etc

We know of several other possible benchmarks that have 250-500 line
programs, and we don't show them because they're simply too big.

There are other alternatives: you could show the programs on your own
website and we could link to them from
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/miscfile.php?sort=fullcpu&file=benchmarking&title=benchmarking

That's what we do with "Martin Richards’ Bench"

best wishes, Isaac