[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Jon Harrop jon@ffconsultancy.com
Mon, 16 May 2005 14:09:04 +0100

On Monday 16 May 2005 07:20, Isaac Gouy wrote:
> --- Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com> wrote:
> > > fasta (new)
> >
> > Most of the time is spent in the random number generator = number
> > crunching.
>
> Which programs did you profile?

C and OCaml. The same is probably true for the top 8 languages.

> > > k-nucleotide (new)
> >
> > Most of the time is spent hashing strings = array-based number
> > crunching.
>
> Which programs did you profile?

OCaml. The same is probably true for any similarly efficient language.

> > You also missed implicitode. That is obviously number crunching.
>
> And not accepted, unlike spectral-norm which is fp number crunching and
> a new benchmark.

The OP was about "new" benchmarks. He didn't specify whether or not they had
been accepted. I was actually thinking of the new ones which hadn't been
accepted, like the tree-based ray tracer.

Objective CAML for Scientists