[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Einar Karttunen ekarttun@cs.helsinki.fi
Mon, 16 May 2005 18:03:00 +0300

Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com> writes:
> The OP was about "new" benchmarks. He didn't specify whether or not they had
> been accepted. I was actually thinking of the new ones which hadn't been
> accepted, like the tree-based ray tracer.

My message was mostly motivated about the discussion of new benchmarks
which seemed to be floating point math, often in the array variant.

I don't mind new floating point benchmarks, but it would be a pity
to have the shootout focus even more on it as many real programs contain
no floating point calculations in the critical parts.

ps. I will try to get Haskell solutions for tcp* this week.

- Einar Karttunen