[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Wed, 18 May 2005 07:46:54 +0200

skaller wrote:
...deleted
> Why not? If you language is hard to read and you
> need more comments to explain it, it deserves
> to be penalised. IMHO. EG some special hack in C

this is correct. unfortunatly i know of no automated way, nor is there a
good manual way imho) to make sure that this happens.
ie, some weird code that ought to have lots of comments might not have
them. and some very simple and straight forward code might get comments
anyway becuse the language mandates it (or it could be tradition).

> Recall in my view LOC should play *some* part in
> the final rankings, but performance and memory use
> also count, so hopefully arguments about one line
> of comments won't be too heavy ;(  .. argg .. lol ..
> I'm probably wrong on that :)

i think that arguments about one line of comments will be heavy. i do
not mind. i think it is ok to be able to discuss things. the opposite
would be worse. ie, a test is removed/replaced without discussion. or
just not accepted, without reason.

bengt