[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

John Skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
Fri, 20 May 2005 01:55:23 +1000

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 13:05 +0200, Bengt Kleberg wrote:

> yes, it would be a good thing if the code-complexity metric of the
> shootout switched form beeing loc to a better system. i have not heard
> of such a system. i have not searched extensivly.

Well to make this happen, I think LOC has to count in the
default CRAPS settings. Then people can argue 'X' is being
penalised by having good comments and we can discuss how to
fix it. Whilst LOC isn't being counted in CRAPS there's no
incentive to bother with good code other than the 100 LOC
cap on solutions.

John Skaller, skaller at users.sf.net
PO Box 401 Glebe, NSW 2037, Australia Ph:61-2-96600850
Download Felix here: http://felix.sf.net