[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
18 May 2005 15:49:01 +1000

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 09:02, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> On the surface, it seems like a tautology -- but
> what *I* find interesting is that even though these
> tests are supposedly PCRE to PCRE to PCRE, they
> do not have the same score.  That gives us some
> useful information right there.

It gives us some data, but it is only information
if you can put it in context -- what does it mean?

Are we measuring the cost of interfacing to an
external library .. and if so how can we do that
when external libraries are excluded ..? <g>

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia