[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

José Bollo jose.bollo@tele2.fr
Wed, 18 May 2005 08:55:11 +0200

Le mercredi 18 Mai 2005 08:34, Bengt Kleberg a écrit :
> José Bollo wrote:
> ...deleted
>
> > and remind you that most of EIFFEL programs include contracts that cost
> > LOC but that reduce in a huge way the count of bug, that improve in a
> > huge way the documentation of the developed systems, and that reduce in=
> > huge way the debugging time. And what to say about auto documentation by
> > comments.
>
> i agree that eiffel contracts help an increadible amount. i still
> remember fondly the much to short time i was allowed to program in eiffel.

yeap, increadibly!

> however, an eiffel contract is possible to turn off at run time. it
> should therefore not be counted as code.
> neither should comments.
> imho.

yes but only removing comments is enougth

an other thing:

usually i write my eiffel programs like in nsievebits:

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=nsievebits&lang=se=
&id=0&sort=fullcpu

but quickly i use the command 'pretty' that reformat my code, that is what is
done with spectral norm:

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=spectralnorm&lang==
se&id=0&sort=fullcpu

that is to say that i dont control the LOC because i use a formatting tool
that improve the readability by enforcing style rules that are shared by many
users.

josé