[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

José Bollo jose.bollo@tele2.fr
Wed, 18 May 2005 09:25:51 +0200

Le mercredi 18 Mai 2005 09:08, Pascal Obry a écrit :
> José,
>
>  > 	with JAVA: write an additional C library that is a JNI/C proxy stub
>  > 		it is not JAVA
>  > 		it is boring
>  > 		it is not interesting
>  > 	Same with Tcl and many other languages
>  > 	C and C++ are naturally privileged
>  > 	EIFFEL do it in one line
>
> For what it's worth, Ada too:
>
>     function compute_it_fast (x , y : in float)  return float;
>     pragma Import (C, compute_it_fast);
>
> But I really don't see this interesting for the Shootout.

It is usefull as a supported feature of the language yes/no.

the fastness dont really care but the how cares and have to be shown because
such a reliability to external libraries may care in the choose of a
programming tool.

josé