[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Thu, 19 May 2005 09:57:59 -0700 (PDT)

--- John Skaller <skaller@users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 12:20 +0200, Bengt Kleberg
> wrote:
>
> > the mail list has many examples of the presence of
> > isaac. often uninformative, always impolite, he is
> > a burden everybody posting here has to carry.
> > my experince is that he is worse in private
> > communication.
>
> Let me hasten to say that I think Isaac is quite
> smart and a good programmer.

This looks like a private communication that was
improperly forwarded to the list as either an
honest mistake, or a severe breach of netiquette.

Let's keep the personal attacks off list, please, and
preferably out of the sight of the target.

And for what its worth, the Shootout (flawed as it is)
would be no where near as functional and rigorous
as it is now without Isaac's constant and time-
consuming attention.  Most faults remain mine, due
to lack of time or obstinance in fixing things.

Both Isaac and I get our share of angry notes and
complaints.  It's bad enough to get these notes in
private.  It is far more insulting to see such things
in an open forum.

-Brent