[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Fri, 20 May 2005 11:03:46 +0200

On 2005-05-19 18:57, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> --- John Skaller <skaller@users.sourceforge.net>

...deleted
>>Let me hasten to say that I think Isaac is quite
>>smart and a good programmer.
 >
> This looks like a private communication that was
> improperly forwarded to the list as either an
> honest mistake, or a severe breach of netiquette.
>
> Let's keep the personal attacks off list, please, and
> preferably out of the sight of the target.

you are right. i made a mistake when i on this list commented upon my
experience of private communications. i apologise to everybody on this list.

i also think that i must retract the ''always impolite'' description. it
is not correct since it is posssible to find emails from isaac in the
archive that are not impolite.

> And for what its worth, the Shootout (flawed as it is)
> would be no where near as functional and rigorous
> as it is now without Isaac's constant and time-
> consuming attention.  Most faults remain mine, due
> to lack of time or obstinance in fixing things.
>
> Both Isaac and I get our share of angry notes and
> complaints.  It's bad enough to get these notes in
> private.  It is far more insulting to see such things
> in an open forum.

i find it very surprising that you get angry notes.

bengt