[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Pascal Obry pascal@obry.net
Sat, 21 May 2005 09:03:28 +0200

John,

 > > It is better to stick (when possible) to plain Ada or plain Eiffel
 > > or plain put-your-language-here otherwise most of the data will have no
 > > meaning. If everybody uses the same C regexp package we will end-up with
 > > the same speed, I don't think anybody will expect something else... great
 > > achievement !
 >
 > Ah, but you're assuming the C library use is the *best* solution
 > and also the fastest.

No I'm not. I'm just saying that if it is too much work or to avoid having too
much SLOC it is quite possible that many programs will be based on the same
library. That's all.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|