[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Mon, 23 May 2005 10:38:16 +0200

On 2005-05-21 06:45, John Skaller wrote:
...deleted
> However this is not meant to be 'open slather' for using C libraries
> for everything, but rather that a couple of tests might be designed
> to demonstrate a simple, and not quite so simple, C binding,
> and measure the cost of using it.

i agree. the way to stop the people that want to use c for everything is
then of interest. one way is to do it with test design. the other is to
have it as a requiement (do not use ffi).

the latter seems to be the easier road. if we go that way it could be a
general rule, and for specifiq test it would be lifted. which i think is
what mr brent fulgham is suggesting. imho.

bengt