[Simple-cdd-devel] Simple-cdd and usb stick extra files

Antoine Hue antoine.hue at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 19:47:23 UTC 2011

2011/2/1 Francesco Pedron <ceskobassman at gmail.com>

> Hi Antoine,
> I've got some problems inserting debs into my ISO.
> Is the "Add self-built packages to CD" section in Debian's wiki ( http://wiki.debian.org/Simple-CDD/Howto ) correct?
> I'm trying for example to add OpenOffice 3.2 instead of default 2.4, probably I will open a related thread in this mailing list now that I've found it.

I actually gave up on Simple-cdd post inst scripts, debug is tedious
and very long.

It is far easier to debug package postinst.

To add your packages to the built distrib, simply:
- create a folder and push all local packages there
- tell about this folder to simple-cdd (may also put that in conf
file): simple-cdd --local-packages
- tell that your need at least top packages (the ones depending on
others) in a file named $simple-cdd/profiles/yourProfile.packages
- add the non-free option if they are non-free (or other category), in
$simple-cdd/profiles/yourProfile.conf:
mirror_components="main non-free"

It works pretty well for me, it computes dependencies and install smoothly.

Antoine