[Simple-cdd-devel] Simple-cdd and usb stick extra files

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at freegeek.org
Fri Feb 4 19:47:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 06:38:51PM +0100, Francesco Pedron wrote:
> I would like to install my Debian ISO built with simple-cdd both from Cd and
> Usb Stick.
> I have successfully created the usb stick and preseeded all the questions.
> What I would like to do now is to execute some post-installation scripts that
> access extra_files that are into simple_cdd folder on the ISO.
> So I've created a myprofile.postinst file and give it execution rights. Running
> from cd, no problem, I've just mounted the cd rom with
> mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom

> What I can't do is to access these files when I'm running on the usb stick, and
> this is what I've tried:

i thought the extra files would be copied to /usr/local/simple-cdd on the
system, but apparently that's just the profiles/*.postinst files, at least with
recent versions.

i'll put some thought into how to implement this within simple-cdd, so that you
don't have to manually mount/unmount the CDROM.

live well,
  vagrant