[Simple-cdd-devel] Custom kernel and remove packages problem

Lucas Brasilino lucas.brasilino at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 18:59:53 UTC 2011

Regivaldo:

> I think not explaining correctly. For example, the package "nano" is not in
> default.downloads or default.packages. But the simple-cdd install this
> package. Not only the "nano", but several other packages.
>
> Indepedent of dependencies, I would like to remove some packages, but are
> not related to the files default .*.
>
> I do not want some packages are installed in the process of installing the
> distro.
>
> The "nano", for example, is an editor that has no dependencies. It is not
> used at any time during the installation process, nor be used in my project.

Simple-cdd is a simple wrapper to use tools like debootstrap,
debian-cd and others.
As I could see testing here, 'nano' is added by debootstrap. So, it is flagged
as a component of base Debian distro.

Run:

# debootstrap --print-debs --arch i386 squeeze /tmp/deb | tr ' ' '\n'

To get the base Debian distro packages. So, it's not a simple-cdd
fault. Blame on
debootstrap :)

Does it really bothers you ?

regards