[Simple-cdd-devel] packages from NAME.packages are not included into ISO

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at debian.org
Wed Apr 9 04:11:08 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 08:14:01AM -0700, Roman Inflianskas wrote:
> default.conf:
> debian_mirror="http://mirror.yandex.ru/debian"
> wget_debian_mirror="ftp://mirror.yandex.ru/debian"
> export KERNEL_PARAMS="preseed/file=/usb0/simple-cdd/default.preseed acpi=off"
>
> server.conf:
> profiles="postgresql-server,qt-nox,kino"
> auto_profiles="postgresql-server,qt-nox,kino"
>
> postgresql-server.packages:
> postgresql
> [...]
> postgresql-plpython3-9.1

> I execute build with:
> simple-cdd -p server
>
> But I don't see any postgresql packages in *.iso archive or *.list.gz.
> Where is the problem? What should I change in configs?

Simple-cdd doesn't support setting profiles in the profiles/*.conf.
You'll need to specify each profile explicity:

  simple-cdd -p porstgresql-server,qt-nox,kino

You might be able to specify the profiles in profiles/default.conf, but I don't
remember for sure. It's been a while since I've put much time into
simple-cdd...

> Should I use both "profiles" and "auto_profiles"? Should I include name of
> profile into "profiles" (I saw this in test.conf example).

auto_profiles are just profiles that are automatically selected without user
interaction when you're booting the install, they don't affect what's included
in the built .iso. They need to be present in both "profiles" and
"auto_profiles" for this to work.

live well,
  vagrant