[Simple-cdd-devel] packages from NAME.packages are not included into ISO

Roman Inflianskas infroma at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:22:48 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 08 April 2014 21:11:08 Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 08:14:01AM -0700, Roman Inflianskas wrote:
> > default.conf:
> > debian_mirror="http://mirror.yandex.ru/debian"
> > wget_debian_mirror="ftp://mirror.yandex.ru/debian"
> > export KERNEL_PARAMS="preseed/file=/usb0/simple-cdd/default.preseed acpi=off"
> >
> > server.conf:
> > profiles="postgresql-server,qt-nox,kino"
> > auto_profiles="postgresql-server,qt-nox,kino"
> >
> > postgresql-server.packages:
> > postgresql
> > [...]
> > postgresql-plpython3-9.1

> > I execute build with:
> > simple-cdd -p server
> >
> > But I don't see any postgresql packages in *.iso archive or *.list.gz.
> > Where is the problem? What should I change in configs?
>
> Simple-cdd doesn't support setting profiles in the profiles/*.conf.
> You'll need to specify each profile explicity:
>
>   simple-cdd -p porstgresql-server,qt-nox,kino
>
> You might be able to specify the profiles in profiles/default.conf, but I don't
> remember for sure. It's been a while since I've put much time into
> simple-cdd...
>

> > Should I use both "profiles" and "auto_profiles"? Should I include name of
> > profile into "profiles" (I saw this in test.conf example).
>
> auto_profiles are just profiles that are automatically selected without user
> interaction when you're booting the install, they don't affect what's included
> in the built .iso. They need to be present in both "profiles" and
> "auto_profiles" for this to work.
>

> live well,
>   vagrant

Thank you for your answer, Vagrant.

OK, I specified profiles as you told. But I still don't get selected packages selected in NAME.packages (NAME in {server,qt-nox,...}) inside *.iso archive and *.list.gz file. I do have packages specified in default.packages: libgnutls26, libmagic1. I specified them because I got conflics message in simple-cdd output:

libgnutls-openssl27 (= 2.12.20-7): FAILED
  libgnutls-openssl27 (= 2.12.20-7) depends on missing:
  - libgnutls26 (= 2.12.20-7)
file (= 5.11-2): FAILED
  file (= 5.11-2) depends on missing:
  - libmagic1 (= 5.11-2)

But despite of adding them (now I have libmagic1_5.11-2+deb7u3_amd64.deb and libgnutls26_2.12.20-8+deb7u1_amd64.deb) and  I'm still getting this message. I see that version of libgnutls26 slightly differs: 2.12.20-7 vs 2.12.20-8. Is this a reason of my problems?

--
Regards, Roman Inflianskas