[Simple-cdd-devel] environment/config variable handling

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Thu Feb 26 12:22:58 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 10:58:31AM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:

> Just did a quick build and seems to work ok, minus the http_proxy issue.

Try again now. I have added unit tests for variables that are not
documented in the code but are taken from the environment, and should
have fixed the http_proxy problem, although I do not have a setup where
I can test it.

> I hate the idea of pulling in a dependency that isn't yet in Debian, but
> it seems like ConfigArgParse is designed to handle options set via
> commandline, config file and environment variables:
>
>   https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ConfigArgParse/0.9.3

It could be packaged for Debian if needed, although the current
Environment does not than just parse configuration, but it is also the
working state for all functions, shell and python, exporting values to
the environment and reimporting changes as needed. Since we do part of
the work in shell, we currently need this way of passing working state
back and forth.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>