[Simple-cdd-devel] Creating CD with custom debian installer

Laurent COOPER laurent.cooper at ac-grenoble.fr
Thu Jan 26 17:06:47 UTC 2017

Hello everybody on the list

First of all I shall introduce myself

I'm working for an academic organization in France, and we distribute an
customized debian distribution for firewalls and communication servers
in France

I'm trying to rebuild CD for new version (our last one is old) and I'm
now tinkering since a week with simple-cdd

I do not fully understand the point for customized debian installer.
(Yes, I need one because our customized installer xen creates virtual
servers)

The documentation is not very clear for me.

Shall I use official debian mirrors and have a customized version of the
installer locally, along with my home made deb and udebs ? Or must I
have my own repository with a version of debian installer (it was the
way I tried to do the things, but failed)?

I can be more detailled if it is usefull

TIA for your reading, and your possible answers

Sincerely

Laurent Cooper
--
Laurent COOPER