[Splashy-devel] /proc/cmdline

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Sun Aug 20 13:41:18 UTC 2006

Tim Dijkstra <newsuser at famdijkstra.org> writes:

> Since recently splashy checks for splash* on the commandline. IMHO that
> is unnecessary and problematic for a few reasons: If people now install
> splashy, they can't expect it to work, they first have to add it to
> lilo.conf or menu.list. I think that is a shame.
> If I understand correctly, the reasons for splashy on the cmdline is to
> be able to easily disable it. I propose to use the 'single' cmdline
> parameter for that. It already roughly means 'boot as safely' as
> possible, so it seems logical to disable splashy to.

I prefer to keep splash param since it's more or less the "standard"
between all bootsplash implementation nevertheless we need to handle
LILO detection differently. I recall to read that LILO puts params in
another place then /proc/cmdline

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855