[Splashy-devel] /proc/cmdline (was: Re: Slow from initramfs)

Vincenzo Ampolo vincenzo.ampolo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 10:55:02 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 20:34 +0200, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> Why don't we make it 'nosplash'? That way people that want to disable
> it temporarily can do so, but people that want to use splashy can
> just
> install the package and be done with it.
>
> grts Tim

No, because:
1) other system uses it (Luis and Otavio said that)
2) At this time people should modify /boot/grub/menu.lst to add the vga=
parameter to make splashy works, so they already edit it. but now
instead of put: vga=xxx they will put vga=xxx splash.

I agree with Otavio and Luis
--
Vincenzo Ampolo
http://www.nanofreesoft.org