[Splashy-devel] /proc/cmdline

Pat Suwalski pats at xandros.com
Mon Aug 21 20:20:44 UTC 2006

Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> But things seems to change: if we provide support for vga16fb (like
>> usplash does) we can have a 16 colour splashy without touching the vga
>> value (it's not needed anymore)... I think that i'll talk about this in
>> the next meeting :D
>
> I personally like the idea to support vga16 since most of uses won't
> need more then that.

Moreover (I was going to bring this up at the next meeting), zero new
products from nVidia support vesafb, half from ATI do, Intel will be
dropping vesa support in the next year. So, from the point of view of a
distribution, there needs to be VGA-only solution.

If I'm not mistaken, the problem is that directfb does not work on
vga16fb, right?

--Pat