[Splashy-devel] /proc/cmdline

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Mon Aug 21 23:07:56 UTC 2006

Pat Suwalski <pats at xandros.com> writes:

> Moreover (I was going to bring this up at the next meeting), zero new
> products from nVidia support vesafb, half from ATI do, Intel will be
> dropping vesa support in the next year. So, from the point of view of
> a distribution, there needs to be VGA-only solution.

Uh! I didn't know about it. So it's a NEED!

> If I'm not mistaken, the problem is that directfb does not work on
> vga16fb, right?

AFAIK you're correct.

I think that's easy to deal building an interface between splashy and
the "drawing engine". That way we can build splashy using dfb as
backend, bogl or anything else with minimal effort.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855