[Splashy-devel] Pixel-Precise Patch.

Luis M lemsx1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 18:28:45 UTC 2006

Hello Pat,

On 2/28/06, Pat Suwalski <pats at xandros.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wrote a pixel-precise patch that allows perfect placement of the
> progressbar based on the background resolution but independent of screen
> resolution.

Things start to get confusing quickly uh... I understand what you mean
though. Just thinking between the resolution of the images and the
resolution that directfb will set the image (stretch) when it doesn't
match the actual size of the screen set at boot by the kernel.

> This patch is on old source and conflicts with the border patch I sent
> in last week, but it's only about 10 lines so it shouldn't be hard to merge.

Gotcha.

> It works as follows:
>
> <background>
>    <boot>...</boot>
>    <...>
>    <width>1024</width>
>    <height>768</height>
> </background>
>
> If <width> and <height> are not specified, it falls back to percentages.

Wouldn't this value be better if it was placed inside
<progressbar></progressbar> ? I applied your patch as is for now (with
very minor changes to keep the code looking consistent with the GNU
Coding Standards -- variables defined: foo_bar instead of
java-like/c++-like fooBar )

> It's simple and I'm rather happy with how it works.

i'm glad you sent us this ;-)

[snip]

If you can, please send the "print" implementation. I'm still having
problems with displaying a overlay window on top of splashy when users
press F2. The code is on splashy_video.c if you want to peek into it.

--
Luis Mondesi

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html