[Splashy-devel] splashy initramfs support

Luis M lemsx1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 18:34:41 UTC 2006

Hello Pat,
[snip]
> Let's put it another way: if there is no fb support, then splashy just
> spits out the progress messages in text. Why bother checking?

Agree. However, right now splashy doesn't check to see if directfb
will be able to take control of the /dev/fb or not. That's a good
thing to add to the TODO file.

But, why have splashy running if there is no video framebuffer? I
guess is better to check whether /dev/fb exists and if not exit
cleanly.

The reason i added the /proc/cmdline warning was to help newbies get
splashy working by printing a hint to the terminal.

[snip]

--
Luis Mondesi

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html