[Splashy-devel] splashy doesnot work at boot

Chandan M. C. chandanmc at cdac.in
Mon Mar 27 07:52:22 UTC 2006

Hai

Iam using splashy0.1.6 version for incorporating splash image in my distro
.Iam using DCC Kernel 2.6.12-p4-smp ..

While shutdoown Iam getting the shutdown splash image with progressbar
,but while booting Iam getting error ...

**Creating  Initial devices node ...FATAL:video.c
DirectFBError ( Directfbcreate. &video--->dfb) - File not Found

That version works if I do 'splashy test' and '/etc/init.d/splashy start'
from console, but doesn't work from the init script at boot. How I can
find where is the problem?

I use this kernel parameters:
'root=/dev/hda2 ro  vga=791 quiet '

Regards