[Splashy-devel] Splashy project admins wanted

Luigi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 01:34:59 UTC 2007

Hello all,

As the summer draws closer and closer, we might have more time to invest
into things that we are passionate about. Yes, I'm not talking about simply
watching movies at the theater or catching some waves at the beach. I'm
talking about those long and hard hours that you spend in from of a computer
coding because "it's there". I want to let you all know that Splashy wants
your fingers and toes for this summer! We need to move the project forward
and get a few things out of our way. I'll be collecting those and making
them public (either in the TODO or in our Wiki).

As you might know, there has almost always been 3 project admins for Splashy
on the Alioth project page. I talked to Jacobo a few months ago and he said
that he was too busy to continue his role as project admin for Splashy.
After many months waiting, I finally decided that Jacobo will be out for far
too long and I open up the "project admin" bucket for somebody else. So, if
you are up to the task, please let us know and Otavio and I will make a
decision on this matter. I also don't see anything wrong in having 4
admins... So, if you feel moved and want to make a difference in the Open
Source world, this is your chance.

In a related news, I made a few people "Senior Developers" as they have seen
the Splashy code mature over the years; in addition, they are always around
in our #splashy channel, helping others and giving feedback during our
meetings and other online activities. The Senior names stand at:

Vincent Amouret - You would know him best for his wonderful work on
splashy_config and the obscure branch of gsplashy
Tim Dijkstra - You would know him best for his re-structuring of the Splashy
sources. Splitting them into the now mature libsplashy* and splashy*
binaries; as well as introducing LSB functions to the calculation of steps
for the progressbar.

I would like to see others added to the project page. These are people who
have contribute code to the project but who might not have Alioth accounts
(as of this writing); they are:

Pat Suwalski - Xandros developer who has helped us a lot getting Splashy
off-the-ground and hunting many bugs, the most important of which was the
overlaying of double-layer text windows in Splashy's framebuffer. And many
more, for which we are grateful (enlightening us on how initramfs affects
libdirectfb for instance)
Rudolf Kastl - (che666) Fedora Core developer who pursue the Splashy RPM
during the early days of Splashy (still active)

I guess you can use this email as a source of inspiration for simply joining
the team and help us with whatever is easier or you feel will help the
project best. That includes testing, debugging, reporting bugs, sending us
your art, or simply backing us up whenever somebody bad-mouths the project
somewhere else ;-)

Thank you all. Your help is truly appreciated!

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur fbsgjner
jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------