[Splashy-devel] splashy showing text before starting gdm

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 21:55:33 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 3:43 AM, Heiko Groß <heiko at kallisti.de> wrote:
> Hi Developer of Splashy,
>
> I'm really glad to have found a bootsplash program such as splashy which
> fits my needs. I've builded a live system with encryption support. Since
> splashy 0.3.10 the problems with getting the passphrase  were solved because
> the splashy_update "getpass" -function worked out of the box. But I'm still
> having one last problem. My system works except for showing to much text
> output before switching automatically to gdm. Is there any way of getting
> that output in order to see where it comes from. The text scrolls too fast
> and I even can't hit the Pause-Button.  I'm sure the
> lsb-base-logging.sh-skript has anything to do with that.
> I would be glad if you could give me some advise how I can solve this little
> problem.

There is only 2 places where this text can come from /dev/tty1 or
tty2. Splashy runs on tty8 by default, and X runs on tty7 by default.

If you want to kill or the temporary text, see
/etc/lsb-base-logging.sh where we clear the tty (clear > foo) and do
the same for the other tty's for which you don't want to see any text.

Hope that helps.

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur
fbsgjner jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------