[Splashy-devel] Splashy 0.3.10 status

Niko Cavallini Araya niko.cava at gmail.com
Sat May 10 20:26:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

2008/5/10 Luis Mondesi <lemsx1 at gmail.com>:

> Hello all,
>
> the Git state at this point is "experimental". There, I said it.
>
> If you feel you can help us get this release done faster, please drop by #splashy and let's discuss what's needed.

At this time I am running splashy from todays git (on a real (not
virtual machine) debian amd64 sid with kernel 2.6.24), it's
working great!

So take this as the report from the testing elves:

The good:
     *Verbose mode its truly verbose now thanks to those last commits
from Luis Mondesi.
     *After modifying *only* keymap.sh and console-screen.sh according
to the FAQ there is no timeout or lockup
     *Gdm starts correctly and ends correctly no more weirdness on
that front as well as kdm(tested kde4 version).

The curious and/or could be better:
     *My X11 VT number got changed from 7 to 9, which is not really
bad but confusing at first.
     *The verbose mode in vga=792 does something like:
                 Starting really cool daemon:
                 OK
          this could be better if the "OK" was in the same line as the
starting to prevent spaming the splash to fast or a smaller
          font, just a thought.

The bad:
     *at shutdown the progress bar is all over the place increasing
and decreasing at random.
     *Using Verbose mode on the debian-moreblue theme kills splashy.
The diference is that the default has <textbox>
        <enable>yes</enable> and moreblue has "no" but the default
does not use verbose by default so I am confused.
       Setting as "yes" in moreblue fixes this. So I am confused as to
the explanation for this config option.

I did not test the issues with the boot sequence asking for input, do
not know how.

If you need some testing of anything feel free to ask.

Great job to all!

Saludos
Niko