[Splashy-devel] Splashy almost ready to release on git repository

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 03:41:44 UTC 2008

If somebody can please test Splashy from the git repository that would be
great.

Treat it as if it were released already...

Known issues:

- when gdm/xdm/kdm is removed but not purged, Splashy never reaches 100% (or
exits)
- when gdm/xdm/kdm are not installed at all, /etc/default/splashy sets TTY
to "auto", Splashy should go to tty1 but sometimes this does not work well
(use needs to hit ENTER to see tty login prompt... @#$@$)
   - also, Splashy does not get displayed during shutdown (which is odd). I
guess the system goes to reboot/halt too fast for it to have time to launch?

Let me know if you have solutions for these.

The debian/changelog file includes all bugs that we should be closing with
this release. There might be more; we just have too many (good) bugs
reported and we need to take time to make sure they are done before closing
them.

Regards,

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur fbsgjner
jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------