[Splashy-devel] splashy 0.3.12 ready

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 17:36:00 UTC 2008

Splashy 0.3.12 is ready to be released fixing a number of bugs from the
Debian Bug Tracking System (http://bugs.debian.org/splashy ).

Before we release, there are a few things that need testing/fixing:

* kdm and splashy now play alone
  - I added a stupid hack in /etc/lsb-base-logging.sh that should make
kdm users happy. The real bug-fix would be for KDM to use LSB functions.
  - From now on I'll be testing on Vmware + Debian Sid + KDM + uswsusp
* the changes that Tim did to allow Splashy to start after uswsusp do
not seem to work for me under VMware:
  - if i edit /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-premount/splashy
and add /bin/sh right before /sbin/splashy boot, i get a shell and i can
execute /sbin/splashy boot by hand, no problem. then when i exit from
this shell, splashy works fine! otherwise it breaks. I have NO idea why
this happens and I just gave up looking for an answer...