[Splashy-users] splashy and Graphics Card's native fb driver

Kushal Koolwal kushalkoolwal at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 19 20:30:52 UTC 2006

>To install Splashy from sources you can follow the following information:
>
>http://splashy.alioth.debian.org/wiki/doku.php?id=installation
>
>Essentially you will need to:
>
>1. download the libdirectfb-dev sources from Debian
>
>- edit /etc/apt/sources.list and add a deb-src line with:
>deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian sid main
>
>- apt-get update
>- cd /tmp
>- apt-get build-dep libdirectfb-dev
>- apt-get source -b libdirectfb-dev
>
>2. after installing libdirectfb-dev:
>
>- apt-get build-dep splashy
>- apt-get source -b splashy

Thank you for the detailed instruction. Actually while following that I got
stuck at the point where i have to fetch the splashy package from source.
What line do I have to add to my sources.lst to in order to able to run the
following commands:
apt-get build-dep splashy
apt-get source -b splashy

Thanks