[Splashy-users] splashy and Graphics Card's native fb driver

Luis lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 22:53:47 UTC 2006

On 8/19/06, Kushal Koolwal <kushalkoolwal at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >To install Splashy from sources you can follow the following information:
> >
> >http://splashy.alioth.debian.org/wiki/doku.php?id=installation
> >
> >Essentially you will need to:
> >
> >1. download the libdirectfb-dev sources from Debian
> >
> >- edit /etc/apt/sources.list and add a deb-src line with:
> >deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian sid main
> >
> >- apt-get update
> >- cd /tmp
> >- apt-get build-dep libdirectfb-dev
> >- apt-get source -b libdirectfb-dev
> >
> >2. after installing libdirectfb-dev:
> >
> >- apt-get build-dep splashy
> >- apt-get source -b splashy
> >

> Thank you for the detailed instruction. Actually while following that I got
> stuck at the point where i have to fetch the splashy package from source.
> What line do I have to add to my sources.lst to in order to able to run the
> following commands:
> apt-get build-dep splashy
> apt-get source -b splashy

This line should do:
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian sid main

What that says is to get the sources for a package when you use
"apt-get source" from that URL. The dependencies needed to compile
Splashy will (hopefully) come from wherever you get your binaries.

apt-get source -b splashy is the same as:

apt-get source splashy
cd splashy[press TAB]
debuild -us -uc

Assuming that you have debuild already installed (apt-get install devscripts)

Use "man apt-get" for more.

--
Luis Mondesi

Kiskeyix.org

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html