[Splashy-users] splashy working inconsistently

=?gb2312?q?=BB=AA=C8=CB=20=C1=D6?= wlhuaren at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Nov 18 14:28:30 CET 2006

I am running debian etch and I have installed splashy fr sid. I have set vga=795 in the kernel line of grub's menu.lst. Initially, I encountered the problem of the screen being repainted several times. THis i have fixed by setting the fade.in and fade.out in theme.xml file to NO.
Still, splashy works but inconsistently. When it fails during boot, the screen goes to text mode with "Entering init runlevel 2" as the first line.
It works inconsistently during shutdown too.
I have checked rcS.d, rc0.d and rc6.d and the required splashy-init files are there.

In the config file, I notice that initramfs is OFF. Can this be a problem?

hr