[Splashy-users] Verbose mode

Darwin Bautista djclue917 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 07:29:13 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've been able to build and use Splashy successfully in Arch Linux.
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?do_Details=1&ID=10211

Almost everything works except for one little thing... Verbose mode.
How do I actually switch to verbose mode and back? Is this handled by
Splashy natively or does this require some sort of script? I've tried
hitting the F2 and the ESC keys but they just don't work.

Also, when I call "splashy_update exit" when some init script fails,
Splashy does really terminate. However, how do I "clear" Splashy from
the screen so that I can see what's happening in the background.

Another thing... Are the "things" we see on the top of the screen
normal (known issue)? To make my statement clearer, I'll quote a
comment from the AUR page:

"when I boot my pc and start kdm, I see lines in the top of the
screen. When I restart kdm, the lines disappear."

Thanks.

--
Darwin M. Bautista
BS Electronics and Communications Engineering

University of the Philippines Linux Users' Group
http://www.uplug.org