[Splashy-users] Verbose mode

Darwin Bautista djclue917 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:01:56 UTC 2007

Please do not mind my first post. It seems that it's not an issue with
verbose mode after all.

The problems that I encounter are due to Splashy running from
initramfs. I did a quick hack and made Splashy run "normally" after
the filesystems are mounted. I noticed that everything went fine--no
problems or whatsoever encountered; verbose mode works fine; no lines
on top of the screen, etc.

Here's my new query:
What are the prerequisites for running Splashy from initramfs? I don't
know what I'm missing here because I don't know the internals of
Splashy.

(BTW, FYI, Splashy is compiled statically.)

* Does Splashy need some DirectFB libs or any other libs to be
included in the initramfs image too?
* Would Splashy work even if it "cannot find" or doesn't have rw
access to its fifo file? (I'm just making sure that the progress bar
scrolling/printing of text wouldn't work if the fifo file isn't
accessible by Splashy.)

--
Darwin M. Bautista
BS Electronics and Communications Engineering

University of the Philippines Linux Users' Group
http://www.uplug.org