[Splashy-users] Strange behavior of splashy

Marcus Habermehl (BMH1980) bmh1980de at yahoo.de
Sun Feb 18 12:08:03 CET 2007

Luis schrieb:
> The "flickering" is actually a feature! And as such, you can turn it
> off from:
>
> /etc/splashy/themes/default/themes.xml (or whatever your theme name
> is, if you are not using "default")
>
> Look for "fadein" and "fadout". Turn them off and you will be a happy
> man for life.
Oh, okay! :-) Sorry! But this flickering was remember me to X.org if
there is a problem. Because of this, I was thinking there is a problem
with splashy, too.

> On 2/17/07, *Marcus Habermehl (BMH1980)* <bmh1980de at yahoo.de
> <mailto:bmh1980de at yahoo.de>> wrote:
>

>     The second problem is if init goes from sysinit to a multi user
>     runlevel. At this time splashy is flickering again, and changes
>     the tty
>     output from tty1 to tty2.

Do you have any idea for this, too? I can't find a reason why the system
goes to tty2. To check for a wrong init script, I have made a
/bin/splashy_chvt script to get an info when chvt will be called.

But splashy_chvt 2 will never be called. And it isn't a problem of my
init system. If I'm pressing ESC after splashy was started and I'm
booting without splashy the output doesn't change from tty1 to tty2.

Best regards
BMH1980