[Splashy-users] Strange behavior of splashy

Luigi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 20:57:54 CET 2007

Hello Marcus,

There is a thread about this very issue on splashy-devel.

We are investigating why Splashy seems to be holding two tty's open (tty2 is
one of them).

I cannot tell you for sure what the problem might be. It seems that we
didn't properly synchronized the sources from Splashy 0.2.x to 0.3.x tree in
the repository. We had a snippet of code in splashy_main.c that switched to
a tty that's not used by the system (like tty8 or something).

Bare with us as we are working on fixing this issue as I write this...

On 2/18/07, Marcus Habermehl (BMH1980) <bmh1980de at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Luis schrieb:
> > The "flickering" is actually a feature! And as such, you can turn it
> > off from:
> >
> > /etc/splashy/themes/default/themes.xml (or whatever your theme name
> > is, if you are not using "default")
> >
> > Look for "fadein" and "fadout". Turn them off and you will be a happy
> > man for life.
> Oh, okay! :-) Sorry! But this flickering was remember me to X.org if
> there is a problem. Because of this, I was thinking there is a problem
> with splashy, too.
> >
> > On 2/17/07, *Marcus Habermehl (BMH1980)* <bmh1980de at yahoo.de
> > <mailto:bmh1980de at yahoo.de>> wrote:
> >

> >     The second problem is if init goes from sysinit to a multi user
> >     runlevel. At this time splashy is flickering again, and changes
> >     the tty
> >     output from tty1 to tty2.
> >
> Do you have any idea for this, too? I can't find a reason why the system
> goes to tty2. To check for a wrong init script, I have made a
> /bin/splashy_chvt script to get an info when chvt will be called.
>
> But splashy_chvt 2 will never be called. And it isn't a problem of my
> init system. If I'm pressing ESC after splashy was started and I'm
> booting without splashy the output doesn't change from tty1 to tty2.
>
> Best regards
> BMH1980

----)(-----
Luis Mondesi
*NIX Guru

"Feliz el hombre que ha hallado sabiduria y el hombre que consigue
discernimiento, porque el tenerla como ganancia es mejor que tener la plata
como ganancia; y el tenerla como producto, [mejor] que el oro mismo" (Prov
3:13-14).

01010101 01110011
01100101 00100000
01010101 01100010