[Splashy-users] splashy shows shutdown screen but not the boot up screen

Philip Rutkowski phil at quietthenloud.net
Sun Feb 25 12:44:33 CET 2007

hi all!

i am running ubuntu 6.10 on amd 64 architecture. i compiled and
installed splashy 0.2.1 just fine.

i have a problem with the boot up screen. when my computer shuts down or
restarts, splashy does its thing. AND IT DOES IT WELL!!!

but then when it boots up, it doesn't run! i have no splash images
whatsoever. it's only text! my guess is that grub doesn't know to launch
splashy. does anyone have any ideas? something i could try?

i set /boot/grub/menu.lst to:

kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.17-11-generic root=/dev/hda1 ro splash vga=791
quiet

thanks in advance!!!
-phil